- About snom
- snom Ignite
snom’s portfolio of cutting-edge SIP-based telephony devices are recognized for their rugged commercial grade performance, reliability and ease of interoperability. This has made snom the VoIP handset partner of choice for the industry’s leading VoIP service providers, hosted VoIP, IP PBX and Unified Communications solution vendors. Furthermore, snom UC Edition firmware expands functionality beyond voice by adding support for the productivity features included in Microsoft Skype for Business.
The snom UC Edition firmware has been fully tested to provide the highest level of interoperability and reliability with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and Skype for Business 2010. This ensures users of snom UC phones benefit from enhanced feature integration with Microsoft Skype for Business; delivering greater productivity levels and improved user experience. Deploying snom phones in a Microsoft Skype for Business environment not only increases user productivity but also provides a future-proof investment with rich feature integration.
The snom UC Edition phones allow integration of Microsoft Skype for Business 2010 features into an existing IP telephony infrastructure. snom phones are also compatible with all leading SIP based IP-PBX CPE-systems and network infrastructures (e.g. Avaya, Microsoft, Cisco, Siemens, etc.) as well as with less known IP-switch manufacturers.
For businesses with distributed branch offices, snom phones provide failover to Microsoft certified gateways in the event of WAN connection disruption and infrastructure failure. This ensures business continuity and productivity which help drive competitive advantage.
Key features of snom UC Edition phones in a Microsoft Skype for Business environment:
- Can function with or without a PC
- Concurrently register up to twelve Microsoft Skype for Business and/or SIP accounts on a single phone (up to four on snom 300)
- Auto failover to an alternative Microsoft Skype for Business or SIP / PBX account
- WLAN connectivity with optional WiFi stick (snom 821)
- Integrated open VPN for security (snom 821)
- Display of Buddy List and Presence status for ‘one-touch’ dialling
- Adjust Presence status directly on the phone
- Two Gig-E ports for network and PC (2 x 10/100 on snom300)
- Full duplex speaker phone
- Fixed transfer and hold keys to improve call handling
- Advanced directory lookup via phone keypad
- snom UC Edition phones are wall mountable
snom Professional Servicessnom professional services are designed to support customers throughout the entire Skype for Business lifecycle of the devices, from before the pilot phase, through the roll-out and after deployment. In most cases, these services are not offered directly to end customers but to Microsoft Skype for Business enterprise voice partners to include in their portfolio of end customer services.
Follow the link below to see an overview of the professional services available. snom Professional Services